Livestream Lag on Twitch

Homepage Forums Live at the Bike! Livestream Lag on Twitch

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Feldman 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

RicknBarstow
    Participant

For several months now, there has been serious lag on the Twitch channel for the Live at the Bike stream. Is this what my money is paying for? Why hasn’t there been any effort to fix this? I can’t even watch anymore. I get 15 seconds of stream and 2 minutes of lag. THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND UNSATISFACTORY. I see no reason to pay for something that I can no longer watch. The Live at the Bike channel is the only channel I have this issue with. All others that I view are seamless.

Ryan Feldman
    Keymaster

Rick — Twitch removed our subscriptions because we stream on YouTube, so you shouldn’t be paying for a Twitch sub anymore, as it gets you nothing and we don’t get anything for it. We know a lot of you will still want to watch on Twitch because of the Twitch community, but we are hoping that we slowly get people to convert to YouTube, because YouTube offers us a better streaming platform going forward and we will soon have subs with benefits on there.

Brian can answer this better than me, but from what I understand, when Twitch removed our subscriptions they also removed the ability to choose the high speed streaming option. So now the speed/quality is much lower, but there’s nothing we can do about it. We encourage you to watch on YouTube, as the quality should be better with no lag. You could watch on YouTube and still chat on Twitch, if you like.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.